Tuesday, February 17, 2009

#48 Food Glorious Food! (Theme #106)

This is what we had for lunch today (and what my husband will have for lunch when he goes in to the office for work tomorrow--usually, he is able to work at home three or so days a week).
In case anyone is interested, lunch consisted of spaghetti with a sauce made from leftover chili and a can of spaghetti sauce; steamed asparagus; spinach with mushrooms and onions sauteed in garlic butter; and hoecakes made from self-rising cornbread mix and buttermilk.

9 comments:

Chesney said...

Glorious food alright - this looks absolutely wonderful!!

jo said...

It looks great! I know that Cincinnati chili has spaghetti with beans, but I never thought to mix leftover chili with spaghetti sauce. I'll have to try that some time when I make chili -- a pot always lasts me too many days until I'm sick of it!

Nan said...

Jo, I tried it once when I had just a little leftover chili--not enough for a meal--just to use it up. My son loves it and requests it whenever I make chili.

DART said...

Yum! and who doesn't love leftovers???

Anonymous said...

Wow..what a creative cook you are! I love the photos also! They're clear, crisp and colorful!

Clara said...

You made left-overs look so delicious. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

MMMMmmmm...Looks good. Have you tried putting banana in those pancakes?
http://picturepeanut.blogspot.com/2009/02/day-50-theme-34-breakfast.html

Nan said...

Peanutblogger, your banana pancakes look delicious. My hoecakes were bananaless.

Katie said...

This looks like a well balanced meal, yummy!