Friday, June 5, 2009

#133 Tent (Theme #318)

Last week, my son and I went to an old-time campmeeting where many of the attendees stayed in tents like these. This is our tent, shortly after moving in and setting up (my daughter came and stayed a couple days--hence the third bed).
This was taken across the parking lot in an effort to show the number of tents--there are about 10 rows of tents behind this first row.

Campmeeting is my son's favorite event of the summer. (I enjoy it, but he lives for it).

3 comments:

Chesney said...

Looks like a fun time, but where is the bathroom LOL

Nan said...

There is a bathhouse for the tenters in the far, rear corner of the tents. It has showers, flush toilets, and a room between the mens' and ladies' rooms that has large sinks for washing dishes.

The campmeeting is held on the campus of a boarding academy. The closest bathroom for me was across the pictured parking lot--located in the basement of the boys' dormitory (dedicated to ladies for the week--the bathroom, not the dormitory).

Anonymous said...

A classic tent - you don't see these much anymore. Nice one!